Algorithm changes. They are seemingly inevitable in the online space. And if you’ve been following along, you know they’ve happened on Pinterest, too. A lot has changed in the last 2 years. What worked just 18 months ago, may no longer apply when it comes to your Pinterest Strategy. For example, while we had Idea Pins 18 months ago, they were called something completely different and came without the majority of the features we have access to today.
So what IS working these days?
That’s what we’re gonna talk about today.
Pinterest Idea Pins Case Study
From September 2021 to December 2021, I worked with a client who had a goal of driving traffic to increase affiliate sales on her holiday related content. Again, we started in September because that’s when holiday related searches typically begin to increase.
We decided to test the effectiveness of Pinterest Idea Pins, and their new features, with her content (you can learn more about what Idea Pins are in this blog post). We knew that when used, Idea Pins were being distributed heavily across the platform which increased overall impressions as well as profile views.
While Idea Pins are not clickable (meaning, you cannot click on them and go directly to someone’s website), there is a theory in the Pinterest world that Idea Pins are still increasing website traffic in the following ways:
- A user engages with an Idea Pin and then clicks on the “Visit Profile button” on the last Idea Pin slide. From there a users clicks directly on the website link, leaving Pinterest for the claimed website
- Similar as above, a user engages with an Idea Pin, but due to engagement with this pin, he/she begins to see your other standard pins in the home feed, drawing more outbound clicks for the same/similar content
So, was our theory correct?
I wrote a full, detailed Idea Pins Case Study which you can read here. I’ll also include the highlights below:
- Impressions: 2,157,088
- Outbound Link Clicks: 9,142
- Impressions: 3,725,445
- Outbound Link Clicks: 11,671
- Impressions: 9,446,524
- Outbound Link Clicks: 23,679
Total Idea Pins Posted: 20
Again, check out the full case study (with images!) to see the complete process we used.
Want similar results for your business?
Would you like a 400% increase in your website traffic – for free?
If you’re an entrepreneur or online business owner who is looking to:
- Significantly increase traffic to your website
- Increase sales for your digital offers, courses or products
- Grow your email list as a result of increased traffic
Then let’s get you started today!